Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My 4th of July Crafty Attempt

According to Dictionary.com, this is what I did...
Crafty: Of, involving, or relating to the making of decorative objects and other things by hand

I tend to think I have some creativity in me... So I find these pictures and inspiration boards via online and I attempt to re-create things and have this really good envision of what I want and they just never look the same.. I'm not sure if it's a lack of funds to supply everything needed to make it look the same or what it might be, but over all I'm pretty satisfied with my fun 4th of July decor I've built up over the past few years from various sales, Target dollar section, etc.

My holiday weekend started out perfectly on Thursday with a lunch/car wash date with my precious little flower girl and her awesome mama! She might not look excited to see me, but I promise she was ;)


Table centerpiece: Old ornaments my parents were throwing away after cleaning out the Christmas decor from years past... I grabbed them out of the trash pile and figured we could create something Patriotic with them, along with some cylinders from Home Goods, this is what we came up with!


Close-up of one of the small cylinders:



Coffee table when you enter the house downstairs: all items courtesy of the Target dollar section a few years ago



Serve ware for the weekend:



Pinwheels lined in one of the flower beds:



American Flags lining the sidewalk:



Upstairs rail, downstairs doors, and 4th of July Banner:



Now for the food part:

Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Strawberries:





My mom, cousin Lory, and I also made chocalte dipped pretzel sticks that I did not get a picture of but they are at the end of the dessert buffet line here:




I will leave you with a fun picture my cousin took of the strawberries on her phone:


If I get the patience later, I might do a fun 4th of July post to show all the good times and memories that were made!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Love the Strawberries!!



TBA






Blogs in need of Prayer


My Wedding Photographer