Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

I'll have to admit, I get kind of sad on the weekends when it comes to the blogging world.. I normally wake up to a couple new posts to read, but on weekends not so much!

So I wanted to blog yesterday but couldn't fine the strength nor really the time. Yesterday was a hard day for my family, 6 years ago yesterday my brother was involved in a horrible motor cycle accident on the campus of Baylor in Waco, Texas. I am not going to go into detail of all the things we went threw but I'll just say they pronounced him dead on the scene, the paramedic said no, I finally got a needle in him to do cpr, I'm taking him to the hospital..
We were told he had a 3% chance of surviving. Yes 3!
After numerous surgeries, scares, cry's, hospitals, friends and family visiting, doctors, sleepless nights, emails, plus 6 years... Here we are today!
My brother beat that 3% like a champ! He still has several issues today and faces new challenges EVERYDAY but he's alive and we are so Thankful for that!
My friend Danielle told me yesterday (as I was having a break down and she was texting me)
I need to celebrate that he is here rather than look at yesterday as the anniversary of his accident.
So from here on out that is how I am going to look at it, yes I may still cry when I think of things of hear a song but I'll try my best to think happy thoughts!

So enough of the sadness now that I'm balling again ;)

So proud of this family! We've come so far!


I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Halloween!!

I will be spending the day shopping with Rachael and the evening carving pumpkins and passing out candy with Megan!

Off to the pumpkin patch tomorrow!

Lots of pics to come!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a sweet post - prayers for your family. And praise God! Have a great and safe day!

Stephanie said...

Wow, what an amazing story! It is a miracle he lived, what a reason to celebrate!! :) thanks for sharing that story. My husband's good friend was in a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago and didn't make it... it's a hard thing to go through, but I'm so glad for you that your brother beat the odds!

have a great weekend!

Abby said...

Inspiring and amazing story! God can move mountains!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! LOVE!

Jonathan & Megan Lenz said...

daniel is a constant reminder of how great our God is! look how far he is come in 6 years..love you sweet friend. see you in a few hours!

Annie said...

wow!! that is simply amazing!! great story and post hun!! it really is a miracle.

motorcycles scare the stink out of me, i can't wait until my fiance sells his bike. hopefully next spring. he bought a brand new ducati last spring and had it for 6 months and realized it was a bad idea. we are going to lose a lot of money on it but it's totally worth it to me to just sell it. i hope you have a fabulous day/weekend!! XO!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Jenn what a sweet post from your heart! I literally got chills reading this imaging what the heartache was like, but thank God for his amazingess (not a word, but good expression) along the way!!

Jacci said...

Everyone has pretty much said what I was going to, but STILL - what an amazing story. Praise God that your brother is OK, I couldn't even imagine! Such a sweet post, hope you had a fun night last night!! xoxo

Scott and Amanda Ekeland said...

I had no idea about your brother! I am so glad that he pulled through:) And it's true... celebrate his life every chance you get! XOXO



TBA






Blogs in need of Prayer


My Wedding Photographer