Saturday, January 22, 2011

Refillable Razor vs. Disposable Razor

I never thought I'd be posting about this....

Back in October, yes approx. 4 months ago I got the worst razor burn I've ever had (maybe even the first real case of razor burn) I'm talking it looked like a advertisement pic you might see that is trying to promote to prevent razor burn!!
Randomly during boot camp one night I asked the girl's I'm friends with, If they've ever had razor burn and what they did? They said to throw out my current razor and get a new one, as also discussed how it's best to do this about once a month.. So I did! For almost 2 weeks after I could not roll my deodorant on, I had to "tap" it on, I could not wear certain shirts or bras, and could only lightly go over my arm pit every 4-5 days (sick, I know...)
It gradually started going away but was still defiantly noticeably there and pretty uncomfortable..

When I was at my yearly "head to toe" check up at my dermatologist last week I decided to go ahead and just mention the razor burn and see what she said.....

She asked if I used dispobsable razors...



Yes I do

What do you use to shave with, shaving cream?



She recommended getting a mens refillable razor, she said the disposable only have 3 blades and do not cut as close to the skin.. Compared the the refillable have 5 blades and cut closer to the skin causing less irritation to the skin, especially in a sensitive area



She also said that she recommends the Avenno shaving cream but that this was not a must, just if maybe next time I buy new cream I could get this one..



I started using this combo about 1.5 weeks ago, after 3 days my razor burn was 100% gone and my hair has not come back near as quick as it used to.. This may sound gross but I can go days without shaving and barely see any hairs coming in!

I've always been set on doing the disposable because they are cheaper and more convenient but I do not think I will ever go back except when I'm on a trip or something!

Let me know if anyone has had a similar experience, I would love to hear that I'm not the only random weirdo that was excited about a new shaving set-up :)



1 comment:

Rachel said...

After being a college student for many, many years, I did everything on the cheap...including razors. I'd buy the cheapest I could find. I've (thankfully) never had any major issues, but Cullen would always make fun and complain whenever he'd stay over, forget his razor, and have to use mine. I can imagine how painful that cheap thing was on a man's face! One day, after moving in together, I was out of razors and his was the only option. I WAS AMAZED! My legs felt like butter. He had an extra razor, which has since become mine and now we save A LOT of money buying the disposable blades since we're both using the same thing. MEN'S RAZORS ARE FAR SUPERIOR! WOMEN NEED TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM!



TBA






Blogs in need of Prayer


My Wedding Photographer