Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas in NYC Tips/What to do?


I'll be honest, I've never really had big dreams of experiencing Christmas in New York, yes it's crossed my mind that it would be a future dream goal, but did not see it happening in the near future..
Well a few months ago my mom randomly asked me if I wanted to join my aunt and two cousins in New York on December 17th. Well my first reaction was NO, I graduate from college on the 16th, this is a goal that I have struggled to achieve for many years and I want to enjoy the experience and celebrate all weekend with BD and my friends...  After some re-evaluating of this once in a life time opportunity, mom and I booked our flights and were headed to NYC this Saturday!!!! 
Due to my busy schedule I have not had a lot of time to do research like I normally do when I am going to a new place, I'm the queen of reading reviews, looking at pictures, and just over all doing research...
Soo I need some tips, ideas, suggestions, etc.
Where do we go? What's a must to do? 

I know all the "norm" such as:
Rockefeller Center
Times Square
Radio City
Macy's
Central Park
Fifth Avenue

We are also defiantly going to:
See the Broadway play Wicked
Shop at Canal Street
Visit the 9/11 Memorial
Shop at H&M (we don't have one in Houston yet...)
Go to Kleinfelds (I looked into getting an appointment just for the heck of it, they are booked until Jan. 13.. I don't think they would be too happy if I went in and tried on dresses and really didn't have intentions of buying anyways...ha)

So what else is a must to do in NYC during Christmas time? 
Any tips on how to do something or anything you've experienced while there?
Anything is appreciated!!!!

3 comments:

Curly Girl Confessions said...

I wish I wasn't on vacation when you posted this...I went to NYC a couple of weeks ago and could have offered so much. Hopefully, you had a blast!

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Congratulations on graduation! NYC is a blast! I didn't see this post either :( I've been 7 times so I could have given some tips as well. Can't wait to hear about the trip.

♥ H ♥ said...

Tagged ya!



TBA






Blogs in need of Prayer


My Wedding Photographer